Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Logitech VX Revolution

I've just received through the post a new mouse for my laptop and it's the Logitech VX Revolution.

It's available from Amazon and all good stores - mine came from Scan.co.uk.

I've been using it now for a few hours and it's a marked improvement over my previous mouse - the scroll wheel - being a free scrolling one is great to use as you can flick it along and jump nicely down through the page.

I'm not sure whether I'll be using the zoom-in/out buttons - not something I do a great deal of to be honest so I'll probably re-map those to something more useful at a later date.

A very nice touch is the little wireless receiver - which actually fits into a little hole in the mouse when it's not plugged in and conveniently turns off the battery when you do so. Now that really is a good piece of design.

The only thing that's missing compared to my previous mouse is the little cloth bag that it came in - maybe they've had feedback to the contrary but I always keep my mouse in it's little bag when I'm travelling but maybe that's just to keep the receiver closeby... I'll try it without and see how I get on.

So far I'd rate it 9/10.

No comments: